Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Shunya Mudra

Shunya Mudra by Jennifer J. Jelenski

This morning as I sat with Shunya Mudra, a lovely yoga song was playing in the background, on my "quiet yoga" playlist. Yet as I calmly brought my awareness to the Visshudha chakra, governing the throat, shoulders, mouth and ears, a dinging caught my attention, distracting me from my lovely meditations. I angrily wished that this song had been equalized properly, for this dinging was obviously doing no good!

Which brought my directly back to the purpose of this mudra.


Hearing problems are related to a person who is no longer able to hear or who even doesn't want to hear. This can be a blessing or a catastrophe. Poor hearing can protect us from unpleasant things or even from disagreeable sounds or information that find their way into us. On the other hand, we can also no longer hear beautiful things. Not wanting to hear is sometimes based on a particular kind of stubbornness that can lead to disaster. Consequently, if we are willing to scrutinize the reason for our hearing problems, this can lead us one step further toward a richer life.The middle finger is associated with the sky (ether). This is the gateway to the higher dimensions-the gateway to Heaven. The ancient myths say, if we want to get to Heaven, we first need to be thoroughly purified. This is why it may be appropriate to "look within" and make amends for old offenses. 




So with yogi-like attention, I redirected my emotions to find gratitude for this song, at this moment, and its lessons in grace and acceptance.

Om Shanti Shanti Shanti
शान्ति







*image here

1 comment:

  1. I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic.Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. I think it may be help all of us....
    Bimatoprost

    ReplyDelete